Search This Blog

Turbo Exhaust Inlet manifold - part three

17th December 2007
With the to parts tacked and then bolted on to the exhaust , with an small engineering level I was able to see that the flange was pretty much level and with the turbo attached temporally, you could see that that the turbo kit sat quite neatly on the back of the buggy.

I removed the turbo and unbolted the adapter and took it back to Philcox to have the flange welded in its final position.

Whilst the adapter was welded I returned home to find that the oil adapter T pieces I had ordered had turned up. I decided to see if this would connect up to the braided cosworth line that had come with the t3 turbo as the oil line feed. With the 1/8"bsp to 1/4" bsp adapter that came with the turbo I was able to connect up the oil line and screw in the oil pressure sender. I ensured that all the lines where jointed with oil proof thread lock.

I used a brass 1/4"bsp screw cap to seal of the oil line. The engine could now be turned over to test the oil line. The line pressured up without leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment