Search This Blog

Turbo Baby and unscheduled garage move.

19th October 2009.
My first turbo engine was looking pretty good. I had managed to fit all of the pressure inlets and pressure pipe work to connect the turbo to the carburetors. Luckily I had a length of tube that I could use to connect up the last bit of the inlet to the turbo as really I wanted to fit a Charge cooler or Intercooler but also wanted to get my engine in an running.

I needed to locate a new fuel pump to power the engine as I had removed the mechanical pump so that I could control the fuel flow and not end up with the engine pulling fuel and self feeding itself. I started looking for a Renault 5 turbo fuel pump and regulator. During this time I was made aware of an issue with my tenancy on my garage. This resulted in moving to another garage. The move was a lot easier than I had anticipated as I had many friends help and want to thank them them for thier support. In addition I had managed to buy a towing bar that allowed me to easily tow the car without an engine in it.

I had been also researching different types of charge cooling including the RS500 Pace charge cooler kit and had came across some new ideas using paraffin wax in a charge cooler to keep the cooler temperatures down: http://autospeed.com/cms/title_The-Fusion-Intercooler/A_110772/article.html . This is loosely named the Fusion Intercooler and seems an interesting article. However I could find no further detail of anyone trying this on a VW engine so have put the whole subject of Charge coolers on hold. The original article was written in 2003 some six years ago. The concept seems good but there are no links on the Internet stating it actually works in practice. I am considering trying it out but need a suitable charge cooler which are not cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment