Search This Blog

Cleaning up the Body work

16th Jan 2010
Having successfully drill the body lift kit for the chassis and body. After a short search of suppliers I managed to find a supplier for the stainless steel bolts I needed to use to bolt down the chassis to the body lift kit and the body online. This turned out to be from a small company called htt://www.seascrew.com/ This company turned out to be the cheapest supplier of these parts and could deliver them to. This was very important as my daily ride had just broken down with a suspected clutch thrust bearing fault.

I knew I would have to take the body lift kit into AC Blasting in Ticehurst to get it blasted and then sprayed with hot flame Zinc and blacked. I would have loved to have took my chassis in and had this Zinc Coated to but new this be to expensive at present. Once the Body Lift Kit was with the plating company I new I could start to make good the underneath and inside cabin area. I took the frame over with a friends chassis and I was told the cost would be £55.00.

I had cut the back of the body down to allow the drag bar to be fitted to the car. This process had not allowed me to totally clean up the rear area as some of the body work was obstructed by the chassis. The areas where sanded with 120 grit paper and the areas of fibre-glassing was attended to so that the strength of the body work was reestablish Fibre-glassing this area was fairly good as I was able to use a new product fibre-glass filler, which allowed the repair to be completed in 7 degree temperatures . Once this had hardened off the areas where coated with gray Gel coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment