Search This Blog

2012 New Year

2nd Jan 2012

I wish to say happy new year to the readers of my blog . Not much activity or time has been spent on the buggy in the last couple of months as the weather has been seasonal and not permitted it. I ventured up to the garage today as the weather was fresh and sunny. I took the dust cover of the car and checked the car over. The fuel pressure was not showing on the dial so I new that the buggy was not going to start today. I hooked the car up to the buggy battery with jump leads and ran my car to ensure the battery had a stable load. Electrics and fuel do not ever seem to like coming through the winter . I turned the ignition over several times until I got the fuel pressure gauge back up to 3 psi . The buggy still would not start. I used some Carburettor cleaner down the throat of the Carburetors and tried again . Eventually the Engine started to fire. However I the engine stopped firing and the battery started to take a beating. With the fuel back up to its pressure I decided to leave the buggy for a day for the fuel to permeate the carburetors and free up the gantries.

I would try again on the next available day.

No comments:

Post a Comment