Search This Blog

Running engine up after jetting

25th Feb 2010.


My starter motor was now working and I was able to start my engine after the jetting and the new 28mm Chokes had been fitted last month. This was the first time I had been able to check this as my starter motor failing had meant I could not determine if the changes where better and the engine would run. My first tests with the faulty starter motor indicated that it would not fire.

The results can be seen from the video I think its a definite improvement and took the car out for a test driver. It was quite noticeable that the car had acceleration but also had a small acceleration hole just after you pressed the throttle. I also had problems climbing up a steep hill so returned to the garage and jacked up the rear of the car up and found that the rear wheels where very stiff to turn. I left the buggy for an hour over lunch and returned to find that the wheels turned freely again. I presumed this was the brakes sticking and although I tried to emulate this again could not get the brakes to stick . I subsequently took the car out two more times without any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment