Search This Blog

Fitting a New Ignition Coil

Fitting a New Ignition Coil
16th June 2014
My buggy had been running very well since I fitted the new starter to it . Starting the buggy had become a wonderful thing that you could rely on once more.  I had driven the buggy about a lot more since this had been fitted. . On a return back on a 30 degree day I left my buggy outside running to do some other things in my garage. Shortly afterwards the buggy stalled and would not restart. I changed my spark leads, Condenser and points but no voltage was at at the points. Figuring the ballast coil had gone down I borrowed a replacement coil from a friend . This was a straight forward swap. The buggy fired up no problem. I bought a new coil and fitted it today . The Blue coil was different than the one i borrowed so took my friends coil off to fit this new one. The buggy is again back up and running. Phew this is good news as MOT time looms


No comments:

Post a Comment