Search This Blog

The Moving day

26th October 2005
The buggy was moved to a different garage in the Bexhill area on the 26th October 2005. I had succeeded in some of the goals but failed to get the buggy finished by the deadline of the move. In three months I had managed to get the chassis cleaned up and fitting the chassis. I had wired enough of the ignition system to enable the car to propel itself with a speedometer and rev counter working. Some items were still out being finished. I had taken the windscreen to a cleaning company after getting a friend to weld the holes in it up. It had not been returned and I knew that I would have to pick it up after the buggy was moved.

I was very pleased that the chassis was now rolling as it could easily be positioned onto the low loader that I had organised to come today. There was two weeks left before we finally moved and this was a huge hurdle moving the buggy out and leaving about two weeks left for me to pack. I new that I would have to pack solidly for two weeks to ensure everything I had was packed into cases. I had purchased the seats but had still not managed to fix them in place so I used the Child's car seat again to sit and drive the buggy out of the garage. The buggy ran out of the garage and I parked it on my driveway so that I could clear the garage. three months of fibre glassing and general car workshop 101 had left the garage needing a tidy up. Additionally this gave me the option to ensure that nothing important was going to be left at the old site.

The low loader arrived at about 9:00am and I was happy that my partner had stayed over to help with the move I asked her to take some pictures of the move and I gave her the camera for the day. I ran the car out onto the road as the low loader was unable to fit through the drive way entrance. I had inadvertently given her the camera knocking the automatic switch off its setting therefore the pictures are all a little over exposed. The buggy was wheeled up onto the ramps of the low loader and with its wide gate just fitted across the low loader. It had not gone up quite straight so I had to push it over on the back of the lorry with the driver. The buggy was secured to the low loader over its axle with large straps running under the lorry. I loaded the tool boxes onto my car and we set off to the new garage. I was glad that I had had time to clean out the garage as I would not have time in the following two weeks to get back to it as my packing schedule was already fully booked.






We followed the buggy all the way down to the garage it was some 15 miles or more and we both watched eagerly as the buggy wound its way through the lanes. I new I had more time to get the car on the road as the garage was going to be a new work shop. My father had been finally diagnosed as having cancer of spine and he was getting regular treatment. It was possible that I had a new alarm clock and surely would be able to get the buggy on the road from the new garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ugpmx0N8RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment