Search This Blog

R/H Sidepod Respray & Balancing the Carbs.

2nd March 2007
After fixing in the battery compartment I was starting to run out of critical potential fails that would stop me getting a MOT. I new that the engine was running badly and that the drivers side pod need to be blacked out as it was white. This was a fairly straightforward procedure which unfortunately needed a couple of warm days in succession to do as the temperature needed to rise for spraying.

I used black satin spray from a spray can on top of car primer. This provided a good coverage that I new would come of in the summer if my planned respray went ahead. The sunshine was lovely and I was waiting around for the side pod to dry sometime wishing all the time to go for a drive.

The side pod eventually dried and I had had the opportunity to fiddle with the carburetor balancing whilst I waited. I had managed to warm the car up to a good temperature and the work I had done previously on the linkage rods made it easy to get a good idle. The Buggy was starting to sound great. This made things worse as now I really wanted to go for a drive. I bolted on the side pod and ran the car around the garage complex . It was now pulling like it should and to be honest in all probability should pass an MOT. I new that this would be a while before I could get the buggy MOT'd as it needed to be weighed and I had to line this up with someone.

The pictures were taken on a mobile phone the day after the work was done they had to be taken inside the garage as it was raining and this is why the pictures are low quality.

I also had to arrange insurance and the three things needed a cash injection of around £200-00 before i could get the car on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment