Search This Blog

MOT the real deal

15th May 2007

Some serious time has passed since I last wrote on this blog leaving me feeling a little busy and feed up with the garage that had mot'ed my buggy way back in March. My buggy had been sitting in the garage for most of this time waiting for me to get motivated again and to have it retested. I had contacted DVLA regarding the garage in Ford garage in Battle that had mot'ed the Buggy in March but I had no response regarding my claim that the MOT had been done unfairly and my request for the test fee to be returned. I decided enough was enough and took the buggy in for a retest at Leaders Engineering in Hastings, I had been told that they had some experience in Kit cars and tried to make an appointment to have the buggy mot'ed. The weather was not on my side and I could not seem to get a day that was not raining to go. Eventually I plumped for Friday and took the vehicle into Hastings to have it Re-tested. The MOT started off well and the engineer was very thorough going all over the vehicle. Watching this I was worried as the Ford Garage in Battle had stated that the front Calliper was leaking amongst other faults. To my amazement the car went through the MOT with a totally clean bill of help.

Now seeing the car had been in the garage since its last MOT and nothing had been done to it I can not understand why the Ford Garage was stating there was a fault with the calliper that seemingly repaired itself. I will leave this for my readers to ponder on as I have already made up my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment