Search This Blog

Re-Jetting Carburretors and changing engine to asperated for MOT

17th March 2010
The jetting of the Dellorto DRLA 40 Carburetors was fairly simple as the main jets are easily accessible from the top of the carburetors. and can be located by removing the air cleaners if fitted.

Unfortunately one of my main jets was stuck in the left carburetor . I could remove the air corrector from the carburetor but this left the emulsion tube and main jet stuck inside the carburetor. Furthermore one of the idle jet holders in the other carburetor the idle jet holder had verdi-grease on it. I decided to remove the carburetors and do a basic clean them up.

Stuck jet stacks can be a really problem to remove and great care is required to dislodge them. I filled the jet up with carburetor cleaner and found a small screw driver that would fit snugly in the emulsion tube. I gently rocked this in its seat from site to side. Eventually this gentle movement freed the emulsion tube and main jet. This was also covered in Verdi-grease. I cleaned off the verdi-grease and replaced the jets. I had ordered new fuel line and was waiting for this to arrive so that they could be refitted.

For the 1600 I went for:
9164.4 emulsions
112 mains.
180 air.
52 idle.

No comments:

Post a Comment