Search This Blog

New wipers

New Wipers
27th April 2019
The new wiper connectors had proved not very hard wearing  and really required to be cast. Fortunately, when looking for connectors I came across some stainless steel Bowers 10"  5mm S/S Wipe blade their code BOW5040000 at £5.99 ex VAT each. As you can see from the picture these just slide onto my wiper arms with no fabrication required.  These seem just what I was looking for with a stronger connection to the blade made of Stainless instead of plastic. I had previous re formed the shape of the wipers to provide better pressure based on a bolt on vintage arm I found. This means the spring in the arm presses harder on the screen , allowing better contact and therefore clearing the screen more effectively. I would recommend these pair of wipers .

No comments:

Post a Comment