Search This Blog

DRLA strip down

Deloroto Shake down
11th May 2019

It had been a few years since I had placed the Dellorto's on the engine and . as I had noticed the car was stalling on acceleration. I decided they needed to be checked clean and inspection. The removal was quite straightforward. And I soon had them back in my shed armed with cans of carburetor cleaner. I stated on the left hand carburetor . It was immediately noticeable that one of the 28mm chokes was inserted the wrong way up on number 4 cylinder . These should all be inserted with the size in millimeters topmost so that it can be seen when observed from the top of the carburetor. This would have caused fuel supply problems as the DRLA rely on creating a vacuum to pull the fuel through.

Idle
Currently jets / parts in carbs
2x 60 Idle jets 7210.60.
2 x Jet holder 10738

Main 
2 x Air Corrector 10304.180.
2x Main jets 7209.112.
2x  Emulsion tube 9164.4.

Choke/ Mechanical
2x  Starter emulsion tubes 7482.3.
1x  Starter air corrector jet.3315.80.

2x 7271.35 pump jets.
2x 28mm chokes.

The jets all had green verdigris and need a soak in carburetor cleaner. and an airline blow through. I was quite surprised that one of the chokes was upside down. I will have to see what difference this makes to running.

The second carburetor was much the same without the problem with upside down chokes.

I measured the floats at 10mm  and drop at 32mm as measured with the gasket in place.

This can be accomplished by bending the tabs until the correct distance can be measured. And is quite straight forward to achieve

With one carburetor set up I located my old large trumpets  and attempted the fit them under the CB Performance filter. It was apparent why I had removed them and decided to try cutting them down to 45 mm in an attempt to fit them with air space under the filter covers . This was achieved on a lathe and 10mm was removed to provide adequate clearance. This ow allowed the filters to be easily removed for tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment