Search This Blog

25th Bugjam 2012

23rd July 2012
The car problems were at the back of my mind when I set out car loaded to Bug Jam at Santa Pod with a group of good friends.

My car was running poorly but I hoped it would manage to cope with the 6hr drive up the M25 and M1 . The weather was fantastic and the drive was a good one with the group all traveling up together we had a pretty fantastic trip. The picture above was taken whilst driving through the main gate of Bug Jam and I bought a commemorative photo as proof that my car made it the whole trip. The long trip up the motor way gave a lot of time for engine testing and to see what was going on with the engines poor running. It was noticeable the the buggy had to be nursed over 45mph and would only go faster if the Accelerator was pushed several times. This then gave a gain in speed that would get the car running faster up to 70mph. It seemed as if the engine was running to lean and that I knew I would have to address on my return. We arrived at BugJam around 6:00pm and on arriving at the camping areas my buggy quit. I would find out later that this was due to a 20amp fuse blowing. As the car had quit this is where we decided to camp which was a fantastic site. We quickly pitched the tents and spend the next 3 days and nights having an awesome time. If you have never been to Sata Pod or BugJam then you should go as its a fantastic event with too much to see. The Drag Racing course was fantastic and I think it has the look of my next challenge on it to get my car upto speed for next years event and run the car on the drag strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment