Search This Blog

Facet Pump Problems

1st July 2011

My new Facet fuel pump arrived a few days later and I fitted it into the buggy in several different locations. It was soon obvious that having mounted the pump on the engine that the pump was not capable of pulling fuel from the tank. It seemed as though the only way it could be made to work was to site the pump under the tank. Although I had previously wired pump electrics into my wiring whilst rewiring the car this was really intended to run a much higher pressure injection pump. I had also placed in place the brackets for this so I was not very happy with placing this pump in this position especially as a lot of this would need to be removed. I decided especially as this was supposed to be a quick fix that my only options was to replace the stock pump.

It is important to realize when using the electric pumps that the Facet range are only PUSH pumps ans not PUSH-PULL like the original equipment. These means that placing a Facet Pump is vital as the petrol acts as a coolant to the pump. even the basic pumps will seem to pull up petrol but will not provide enough fuel and will in my experience eventually burn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment