Search This Blog

Solving poor acceleration problems whilst out.

15th July 2011

I decided that I would renew my accelerator cable before bug jam and this is such an easy procedure I will not cover it here. I was still having battery charging problems and also renewed my alternator wire to the starter motor. This was really because the old wire was to thin and had been burnt on the exhaust. I had to jump start the car so I went to a friends house to see if he wanted to come out with his buggy to drive about and test the vehicles and check for any potential problems. As I arrived at his house in the buggy I had experienced some problems on route with the car bogging down. It felt as if I was never getting first and second gear unless I was stationary first. I decided to check the coupling between the gear shaft and the gear box. I immediately noticed that the screw that locates the coupling was loose and the coupling was spinning on the gearbox selector hockey stick arm. I tightened this up and borrowed a battery. This two was flat and again a jump start was needed. We went up to get gas in the cars and again the battery was still week. A Jump start got it going and we ran the two cars for about an hour and one half. I would have to check the battery the following day after our run.

There is nothing to describe the adrenaline rush of driving a buggy on the road and every time i do I get a huge rush that lasts a couple of hours afterwards. I was so happy to have my buggy on the road and although still had to improve the engine running and quieten the exhaust . My Bug Jam ticket had been booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment