Search This Blog

Fitting Side Pods

16th July 2011

The day had had a rainful start and for once I could not say I didn't ask for it . I had pitched my tent in the garden to see if it would leak hoping it would rain to test it. I just had not bargained for the torrential rain that came down in the morning, all though this was good to test the tent it was not good for the car as I still wanted to improve some items before the Friday Deadline . Time was disappearing fast and I had a few jobs to to before I would be happy with the 200mile trip to Bug Jam 2011 I had ahead.

I had previous sprayed up the side pods and although had not completely made my self happy with the finish I wanted to fit them to ensure that they fitted after the alterations.

The side pods are GP side pods that I have cut about and now made my own as they were now 80mm taller than they originally was. It was my intention to fit some side air scoops but I thought that I would probably do this at a later time. The stainless brackets I had manufactured and used before where excellent and I managed with a struggle to get the side pods fitted. I fitted the side pods on with three bolts but thought that I would add some more later in the week if time permitted.

I also started to look at my temperature gauge which was not reading correctly after I had bought another sender having lost my VDO original. The new Sender was a Lucus SNB16 and was up to 180 degrees C it gave a resistance of 1.507 K Ohm at 15 degrees C. I knew my gauge was a VDO temperature gauge but could find no documentation for it I figured if I had a 1k pot I could put it inline with the sender and calibrate the temperature to my car temperature gauge for ambient temperature. I hoped I would have time to do this before Friday. I was also starting to work about the petrol cost for the some 400 mile round trip and figured it would be about £100.00 for the cost of the petrol to do the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment